Python and PyCharm installation guide on Windows Machine
Python is a general-purpose high level interpreted programming language which is used for application development, automation testing, IT infrastructure, Data Science, Machine learning and DevOps. Due to the emerging demand in the corporate world. ThoughtCoders have started Python step by step tutorial. Hope you will learn and enjoy Python programming.
Welcome to our first Python Tutorial, In this tutorial, we will be guiding you for the topic “How to install Python and PyCharm in Windows?”. Follow detailed steps for Python installation and PyCharm set up.
How to Install & Setup Python in Windows?
- Step 1: Download Python Windows installer from Python Official website.
Go to website: https://www.python.org/ and then click on Downloads > Windows
- Step 2: Go to a local folder where Python installer is saved and click on Python installer.
- Step 3: Select “Add Python 3.8 to PATH” and click on “Install Now” this will install Python and automatically set environment variables.
Python installation – In Progress
- Step 4: Once after installation of Python- You will see below the screen – “Set up was successful” i.e. Python setup for windows is now successful.
- Step 5: Verify Python installation: Open command prompt and type “python” and press enter. it will show the Python installed version.
Again type on cmd- print(“Hello ThoughtCoders”) and press enter.
So above commands are working fine which confirms that Python is perfectly installed on Windows Machine.
Installation of Python IDE:
- Step 6: PyCharm is a good IDE for Python programming. To install Pycharm go-to Python official website, navigate to Python Download section and download “PyCharm Community Version”.
- Step 7: Save As PyCharm IDE at a local computer
- Step 8: Click on PyCharm installer exe and follow PyCharm installation instruction.
- Step 9: Select required Check on Installation Options Windows
PyCharm installation – In progress
- Step 10: Select “Reboot Now” and restart your machine. This step will apply all the changes on your machine.
- Step 11: Once the machine is up after restart then click on Pycharm shortcut.
- Step 12: Choose the desired theme and Open PyCharm
Create a Python Project in PyCharm & Write First Python program:
- Step 13: Create a New Python Project and start writing a Python program
- Step 14: Create the first Python program and run
Congratulations! You have completed Python installation and PyCharm IDE set up for windows. Now your machine is ready and you can start Python programming now. Hope you liked this tutorial if you successfully did it. But, If you still have any issues? Then, feel free to contact us on email@example.com.
Or, leave your Questions/queries in discussion/comment box below: