NPM, Components, Uses and step by step guide for NPM installation
NPM stands for Node Package Manager, which is an application and code repository Management, is world’s largest open source registry which is used by every continent developer to share and borrow packages also many organization use npm to manage private development as well.
It provides three components, must be remembered:
- Website https://docs.npmjs.com/packages-and-modules/
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Website: NPM website used to discover package and set up profiles and manage properties of NPM.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): As being a developer we all love CLI. CLI runs from command line.
Uses of NPM:
Now that you know the components, with this purpose in mind, NPM is widely used for following purposes:
- Adapt packages of Code for your apps or incorporated packages as they are
- Download standalone tools
- Run packages without downloading using npx
- It is important to realize to share code with npm user
- Connect with Developer on same projects
- Restrict code to specific developer
- Manage versions of code and code dependencies
How to install NPM in Windows | NPM Installation
Provided that to install npm follow below steps:
Step 1: Open command prompt and type npm install npm@latest -g
Step 2: Go to start and search “Environment System Variable” and click on “Edit the System Environment Variables.
Step 3: New Window Open and Click on Environment Variable:
Step 4: Go to NPM installation directory and copy path upto bin folder
Step 5: Select on Path and click on Edit. Now add new Path Variable and give NPM directory path upto bin
To add click on “New”, copy path and click on “OK”. Now all the settings applied.
Step 6: To verify whether NPM is install properly, open command prompt and type npm-v. It will show installed NPM version else you need to install.
Great! Now NPM installed your machine. To conclude, we hope this tutorial helps you to understand NPM functionality and guide you in installations. Feel free to write your feedback on email@example.com
Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one is
getting more from this site, and your views are pleasant in favor of new viewers.